Here’s an easy, simple chocolate mousse recipe, perfected by our very own Gwendolyn, that can be whipped into an amazingly gourmet-tasting and uber-healthy dessert in no time. Plus, it is dairy-free and gluten-free, and thus caters to many diets. Top with fresh raspberries or strawberries and coconut shavings and YUM!
Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse
- large avocado should be perfectly ripe for best results
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk found in natural food section of most grocery stores
- 2 tsp stevia or other natural sweetener substitutes: maple syrup, birch syrup, coconut sugar
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Purée the avocado until smooth, either by hand or in a food processor.
- Add the cocoa powder and milk and purée until combined.
- Stir in the sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, and any extra ingredients (toasted almonds add a lovely crunch, and frozen berries give the mousse a great fruity twang) and mix well.
- Transfer the mousse to individual bowls and store in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Top with optional extras prior to serving.