Recover from chronic disease? Waitaminute!
One doesn’t hear that said much…But, consider it an absolute possibility, given the proper testing and a targeted recovery program.
Over the course of many years in practice, caring for and learning from patients, consulting with other health care providers, reading the literature, and thinking about this a lot….I have come to understand, intimately, the fundamental differences between Eastern (Chinese, Ayurvedic and others), Western, naturopathic, and integrative approaches to health and wellness. Through this process I have learned that most* chronic disease can be….and I hope that I don’t get in trouble for writing this….cured.
How Does Chronic Disease Happen?
Chronic disease arises when the body is unable to stay in homeostatic balance primarily because of:
- Lack of nutrients: when your body is provided with sufficient nutrients, then it can maintain, repair, and restore itself.
- Lack of sleep: During sleep, the body repairs itself. Chronic insomnia hinders necessary cellular repair mechanisms.
- Excessive toxic exposure: toxins inhibit, damage, and block enzymes and hormones, displace vitamins and minerals, damage cell membranes, DNA, and modify gene expression. In essence, toxins make it difficult for your body to do its job.
- Excessive chronic stress: prolonged stress can poison. It impacts the immune system by raising catecholamines and suppressor T cells levels. It reduces insulin sensitivity (think diabetes), it can alter acid concentration in the stomach (think reflux), contribute to arterial plaque buildup, and even contribute to tumor development. Yep.
Get Beyond Chronic Disease with the REBOOT Model:
There are two simple but critical principles at the foundation of the REBOOT Model, upon which testing and treatment is based:
- The body is innately self-healing
- The body is extraordinarily intelligent and knows itself inside and out (literally), down to the smallest neutrino. In its infinite wisdom, unless it is very compromised, your body knows:
- Where to channel nutrients
- How to direct its many metabolic processes
- How to make its own cells, enzymes, neurotransmitters, hormones, etc.
- How to get rid of (most) toxins and cellular debris
Unlike the standard Western failed treatment approach to chronic disease, the REBOOT Model doesn’t offer “crutches” or quick “fixes.” The success of the REBOOT Model lies in the fact that it simply supports the structure and function of cells, tissues, and organs. That is pretty much all there is to it, yesssiireee.
Consider the Plant Metaphor: If you provide a plant with sufficient sunlight, nutrient-laden soils, and clean water, it will thrive.
Similarly, if you provide your body with sufficient light, sleep, activity, nutrients, water, while avoiding stress and toxins, your body can change its own oil, repair its own leaks, grease its own joints, heal its own cuts. In essence, given the proper foundational support, your body can successfully maintain, repair, and restore itself, without pharmaceutics, 99.99% of the time.
Each system in the body has its own challenges and its own requirements. Our first REBOOT Program just rolled out at Reboot Center, the Heart REBOOT Program, and there are 7 more system-specific programs on the way:
- Cognitive Health REBOOT Program
- Gastrointestinal REBOOT Program
- Hormone REBOOT Program
- Immune REBOOT Program
- Mental/Emotional REBOOT Program
- Musculoskeletal REBOOT Program
- Neurodevelopmental REBOOT Program
- Thyroid REBOOT Program
If you are interested in pre-registering for one of these, please email me, and I will keep you posted.
Treatment is targeted, individualized to each patient, and powerfully successful.
*Understandably, there are conditions that cannot be cured and where the REBOOT Model should not be used, such as conditions where structural damage is beyond repair (such as with liver cirrhosis) or congenital issues (such as congenital heart defects or familial osteochondritis).
To become a Reboot Center patient, click here.