Immune Fire Tonic
Here’s my favorite immune-jooping tonic that I drink once every few days during the colder months of the year, and 2-3 times daily when I’m feeling under the weather.
- 2 cloves minced garlic preferably fresh
- 1 tsp ginger chopped or grated peeled raw
- 1 tsp horseradish chopped peeled raw
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar preferably raw and organic
- 1-2 tsp honey preferably organic
- 1/2 tsp unsalted butter grass-fed , coconut oil, to aid the absorption of the active curcumin found in the turmeric
Bring 8oz water to a boil.
Mince the garlic, ginger, and horseradish and add to a tall cup.
Add cayenne, pepper, chili powder, cinnamon, and turmeric to the cup.
Add the boiling water, along with apple cider vinegar, honey, and (optional) coconut oil or butter to the cup.
Cover and let the tonic steep for 5 minutes.
Sip over the next 20-30 minutes.